27 October, 2006

Maternity Now

I'm 32 and a new mum at last. That does imply, correctly, that I was looking forward to the event. Only, now it's happened, it seems that it was the sort of 'looking forward' that a 10-year-old would do to growing up, falling in love, getting married, having cute little babies and living happily ever after. Now I'm here, I wonder if I every really re-examined that agenda since I set my heart on it at 10. Not that my little daughter isn't wonderful - she is - it's just that reality sets in harder the futher you get towards the supposed 'happily ever after'.

Yet, new motherhood is nothing like I expected. But then neither was getting married, or growing up for that matter.

This blog will be a journey into the 'happily ever after' of post-motherhood. Join me. Who knows, maybe we'll get there.

No comments: